Expert Author

Expert Author
featured on Ezine.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finding a Good and Inexpensive Laptop

Are you looking for an inexpensive laptop computer? Prices have been coming down for some time. The HP Compaq CG60-615DX is a sturdy little computer that gets the job done. How do I know? I have one.



This computer is a Christmas gift from December 2009. I have used it a great deal since then. I use it for several hours a day writing web content articles. The pay is low and the hours are sometimes long. However, it helps to pay the bills.


This little computer has worked perfectly for over six months now. I never have trouble with it bogging down when I multi-task. The wireless Internet function has been flawless. A few times, I have hooked a USB mouse to it and used it on my desk. It performs very well.


There are a few features that are not perfect. However, you must remember this little model can be purchased for a little under $400. So, one cannot expect perfection at that price. First, the keyboard is a little cramped. It is very easy (and frustrating) to hit the caps lock several times, per article. I am still trying to get used to that. This may be due to the fact that I have a very nice gaming keyboard on my desktop computer. It will spoil you.


The battery does not have a very long life. I do not travel a lot, so that is not a problem. I would recommend two things. Buy a long life battery for an extra. Buy an extra power cord. I will put online links to those products at the end of the article.


This model is more than fast enough for my needs. If you need a super computer, you will have to pay for it. You can add more RAM if you feel the need. It comes with 2 GB. You can bump it up to 4 if you like. It also has a DVD burner, although I have not used it. I have watched DVD movies and streaming video and it works very well.

If you play much video and audio, you may wish to hook up to a separate sound system. It does not have a sophisticated sound system. However, it is adequate. If you check the laptop out at Amazon, you will see that it has many good reviews. Most of them are four stars and up. If you need a laptop and are on a budget, this computer will be a good purchase. I do not see how you can regret it.

UPDATE:
4/5/2011 I am still using this very durable laptop with no problems. I write several freelance articles a day with no problems whatsoever.

Product links


Laptop computer

HP Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX Notebook - Intel C. 900 2.2GHz / 15.6" HD Display / 2GB DDR2 / 250GB HD / SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW / 802.11b/g/n WLAN / Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

G60 compatible power cord

Ac Adapter Laptop Charger + Power Supply Cord for Hp Pavilion Dv4 Dv5 Dv 4 5 Series; Hp G50 G60 G 50 60 Series

G60 compatible battery

12 Cells 8800mAh/95Wh High Capacity Battery HSTNN-IB72 KS526AA for HP Pavilion DV4 DV4T DV5 DV5T DV5Z DV6 G50 G60 G70 Compaq Presario CQ40 CQ45 CQ50 CQ60 CQ70 HDX16 Series [ Extended Battery ]

No comments:

Post a Comment